Sunday, February 5, 2012

It Were My Birthday

And the celebration just goes on and on. The nice people at Kindling Words had a cake for me ON THE VERY DAY (and it was truly great to be spending my birthday, albeit relatively incognito, at that terrific conference). I had a picture of me and Alison James (one of the KW founders, and kind purchaser of said cake) WITH the cake (purple icing -- yay!), but I seem to have deleted it. Grr.

Anyway, just this past Friday night opened the presents sent by G & D and here's a picture of me enjoying the bounty: lovely elbow-length fingerless gloves (with natty black buttons at the wrist) AND a copy of John Updike's "Higher Gossip" (a collection of essays and criticism), so what could be better for a post-birthday event?



Oh, and I should mention of course that both of the thoughtful young offspring checked in with a birthday message, which warmed the cockles of my aging heart. Tra la.

And I should further add that the birthday bounty bestowed upon me by D/YD included a bunch of pink tulips (to match my hair) AND a new iPhone 4S (which we kinda bought by mistake when we thought Alice's phone was a goner, so she would've gotten my old one and I the new one -- then her phone recovered, but the 4S got to stay here as a burfdae presint), not to mention the KW conference, which (though deductible) was NOT cheap, and finally (as an add-on by me) a new iPhone stereo speaker dock, since my old one wouldn't accommodate the new phone. Stuff, stuff, stuff, and love from family -- all very good for a moment of notice (focus on me, me, me) on a day in late January. 

Happy Birthday to ME. (And also to W. A. Mozart and Charles Lutwidge Dodson (hello, Alice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment