Saturday, March 31, 2012

Distress/Progress

Well, the bad news is that I seem to have misplaced the original painting of the fairy I did for Ari's bat mitzvah present. AGAIN. The plan today was to order the frame for it. Opened up the flat file drawer WHERE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE. And nothing. I am quite distressed. But I do know that it has to be somewhere. I wouldn't have thrown it away. Never. Ever. So now I just have to search for  it all over again. Or find it, serendipitously, as I did last summer. Argh.
And I am so proud of this painting. It drives me crazy that it's so frigging elusive.
 
So in an effort to counteract my rather dismal state of mind, I decided to do a few TINY things to continue to restore my studio to a fully (but not overly full) state of decor and organization. 

I did two things, well, three. First is I put away some junk lingering around from the the Mendelssohn Medley. A dull but necessary thing to do. Then I did two fun things. I hung up my dragon, so now I have at least one thing of delight suspended from the ceiling (or rather the light strip -- not a particularly safe to do, but there you are.) It was a nice thing to give a tug on his little belly cord and see his wings float gently up and down.

 
And then I tacked up the GIANT thank you note from Jenny Culbert's kindergarten class at Springside when I did a presentation there in early January. These notes are, I think, a tradition going back to the Stern kindergarten at GFS -- I think I saw them when Alice was a very young scholar in that class -- and Jenny has continued the practice. I love them. I've had at least four from her classes over the years, and they do much to cheer up the studio. So here it is, in its new position on the front of my closet door.


And finally in the progress department, and also in the interest of making myself feel better, I am celebrating the fact that I have just two more pages to draw for my Bug Book (which really means the first iteration of actual size sketches, moving on from the crappy little tiny thumbnails I did -- oh, let's just say some years back. And now to work on said final two pages. Tra la.



A rainy Saturday on the last day of March. Does seem guaranteed to have its ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment